Sunday, January 08, 2006

Two dozen

Yesterday was my birthday as I am sure everyone noticed.

<-- My haul. All birthday cards and presents are shown except a bucket o' Maltesers I left in the UK due to lack of suitcase space. I skyped the parentals and opened everything "in front" of them at around 8 and then made myself a huge fry-up and pot of tea for around 9. Mary-Rose joined me for tea and I opened presents from her. I didn't bother to wash the dishes leaving myself a nice surprise for this morning. Instead I watched the Battlestar Galactica I was too tired to watch the night before. Mary-Rose and I caught the 11:34 train into San Francisco and hurried up to Lush where I made her try all the testers. Maybe on the next visit I will actually buy some stuff for myself! I smiled at the items called "Angel's Delight" and "Serenity" but resisted the urge to buy. We then caught the muni through Golden Gate Park to the ocean where Mary-Rose treated me to a great lunch with a very pretty rum based cocktail. By this point it was 4 o'clock and all our plans for the day were kind of scuppered. But we still had time to catch a taxi to the Japanese Tea Gardens which were beautiful and we sipped tea as the sun went down. Then followed a walk down Haight where I found some brilliant alternative-wear shops. But despite the birthday money burning a hole in my pocket... again showed restraint. Dead on my feet, we got a taxi back to the station and came home where I collapsed in front of SG1 with a lasagne for one.

Kind of odd really. I didn't buy much stuff. I only had one drink. I didn't do all that much. But I had a great day. A great relaxing day.

10 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Emano said...

Only one Spidey card? Were these cards from strangers? What is the black and white fuzzy thing?

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger keppet said...

No spidey cards. The thing with Spidey in it is a magnetic photo frame. The fluffy thing is a scarf from Fairie. I was always nicking hers!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger skittledog said...

I am a little worried by the number of pink cards.

Hee *waves at Jayne* weird.

Is that Rian's snowglobe lurking in the background?

And well done for having a great day. I want my birthday on a weekend. Darn...not until 2009.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger keppet said...

What about poor Wash? Doesn't he deserve a wave?

And of course it is my snowglobe in the background. You think I dare move it with my clumsy hands?

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Lush. *laughs* I can never take that place seriously after GUD. Q and Em should remember what I'm talking about. ;)

Most excellent haul though.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger No said...

hey you.

i must say that i thought exactly the same thing as Skits and Emano, "only one Spidey thing (that i also mistook for a card) and plenty of pink cards."

Good to know you had such a nice day tho *smiles*

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger keppet said...

GUD?

Oh, just realised that I forgot to include my flowers in that picture. I also got flowers for my birthday. Pretty little roses. Aww.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger skittledog said...

Wash does of course deserve a wave. But Jayne looks better. And anyway it was Jayne that caught my eye even on the small pic, so I had to wave to him.

Out of interest, I ended up buying stuff in Lush on Saturday. I think the universe is skewiffy.

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Emma said...

Heh, GUD. Ladies, you know what to do.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger keppet said...

In my blog we don't use acronyms I do not know. So spill. What is GUD?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home