Saturday, November 17, 2007

Prelude with Pancakes (Day Two Part One)

I slept poorly. Again! Despite having the heater off, the window open and a head stuffed with marshmallow. I slept better though and was only half dead when I woke... no, wait... I was at least three quarters dead when I woke up with skit attempting to creep out of the room unnoticed. And due to that 25% of deadness I went back to sleep again. Or at least tried to but the Hobbling Hayloft was buzzing with activity (or at least the extractor fan in the bathroom was).

And then the fire alarm went. So I definitely had to get up.

It wasn't anything major, just biped opening the grill to check on the sausages (or whatever was under the grill- don't ask me, I was in bed) and filling the kitchen with smoke. It did make me accept my fate and get all Flying Foxed up not to mention dressed (I told you not to mention it).

I made a pot of tea and plonked myself down at the table (upstairs in the living area). We chose to eat indoors since there was going to be so much to eat (and really, it was November and who eats outside in November?).

And up came the grub. It looked beautiful. Where should I start? Sausages, eggs, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms and even pancakes. More pancakes! With a hot cup of tea it was so perfect. Really, many thanks and also looks of awe and respect to biped and er... anyone else that helped make it (I don't really know...).

Part of the reason I slept so badly was due to worrying about my work so after breakfast (which I probably washed up due to guilt, right?) I pulled out the loaner laptop and got started. I did a fair amount before I was ushered away and told to get ready- we were off to Cheddar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home