Sunday, April 27, 2014

Micro-managing

Why does micro-managing have such a huge effect on me? Why does it make me want to scream and swear and punch in the face of the offender? There must be those in the world that tolerate it better than I do or we will be knee-deep in blood. Why does it affect me so badly?

I reckon that it is because I love to learn. I do. I love to think and consider and work things out on my own. I don't like watching other people solve puzzles- either I am frustrated by their slowness or annoyed that I am robbed of the chance of figuring it out as they blast through leaving me lost in their wake.

Micro-managers rob me of any chance to learn. There is no opportunity for thought, you are just reacting to demands like a dog.

There must be those in the world that take instruction gladly but I take inspiration and mentorship gladly and despise all else.

I need to get a new job before I kill someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home