Saturday, November 01, 2008

Break in the transmission

Nostalgia:



From an email:

I moved out to France about two weeks ago. It doesn't feel like two weeks. I still haven't unpacked. I feel very lonely. The people out here that I work with aren't very socialable and I can't really get to know the people I am living in a tower block with as there is this language barrier. I am trying to learn French but I don't think I will get to the point where I can hold a proper conversation any time soon. Work is really hard and I feel like I am failing at everything I try to do which just leads to me not wanting to try.


But at least it is pretty here. Lots of mountains. And I have my own place again. It's no chezbob but I can put music on and sing without fear that people are listening to me.


I feel like I need to plan another holiday to the states. I can't see any time when I would be able to do this though as the only period when I think I will be getting time off has been nabbed by friends wanting to visit me and holiday in lovely Grenoble. But I am thinking about it and it will happen. One day...


Sorry for a rather self pitying email... Tell me some good news!

1 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww poor you. you should have told me. feel free to come by or phone me anytime you want some company.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home