Saturday, September 09, 2023

Norway August 30th aka Wednesday

Wednesday was wonderful. I mean, all days were great but this was the first day where I was gobsmacked by beauty. It started with a view point that was like a little diving board sticking out into the fjord. After that, we engaged in a hike that blew me away.


The start of the Husfjellet hike from Skaland (love the name) was very easy with a wide trail that got a little steeper at one point but then broke above the tree-line into delightfully rolling hills. I scampered up in front of Joe and Lisa for much of the way as I was drawn to the top of each new rise. At one point, we needed to go down a little into a boggy area where some kind folk had put down pallets to be walked upon... though one pallet behaved a lot more like a seesaw and splatted me with mud when I stepped onto it.


When we got up high... Oh boy. Clouds had come in and made visibility something to not take for granted but what peaked through was astounding.


Lisa and I didn't make it quite to the top as the top looked to be in thick cloud and we were happy where we were. Joe went on and reported thick clouds were indeed the case but I am pretty sure he was just saying that to save our feelings as he later shared glorious photos with us.






 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home